Wednesday, January 9, 2013

01/09/2013

So today is my cake day. It's the end of my cake day, and it's quiet now, so I have time to reflect.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Okay, I reflected.

It was freaking AWESOME.

I woke up to some flowers from an awesome guy I know, even though I told him not to. He just got me three single flowers, a rose and two carnations. That's very Rob. Simple. Effective. I don't get flowers very often in general, but I know that when he goes to get them, he sorts through and is fussy about the individual blooms and such. So I'm pretty sure that these three flowers were the nicest, best flowers, and met all the Rob criteria.

Today was a kiddo day, so Rob went and got him from school, and the kiddo brought me a handful, no, probably two handfuls of peacock feathers. He knows I love peacocks in general, and his mom and him raise them on their bit of land. There is literally probably 50 feathers, all different shapes and sizes, all beautiful. I love them. Like a LOT. They are in a vase next to our TV, they dwarf our TV, and it's a pretty big TV.

Then we went to my dad's for dinner. My brother made probably the best ham I've ever had. I shudder to think of how much it must have cost, because they aren't the kind to spend less than a few hundred a week on the "best" things for groceries. I'm sure that that single ham was as much as I spend on dinner for me and rob (and two nights of the kiddo) for a week. But damn it was good. And then my father handed me the traditional daddy birthday gift of.....cash. Well, a check, but yea.

I got myself a scratch off lottery ticket, as I usually do on my birthday, and for the first time in many years, I won NOTHING. Not even the pity prize of $2.00. So I bought myself a Baby Ruth candy bar to comfort myself. It worked.

Tomorrow, Rob is taking me out to my favorite Mexican place, where I will eat chips and salsa til I can't eat no more, and drink a bucket of Iced Tea. And someone will wait on me. Geesus, we haven't gone to a restaurant with waitstaff in a pitifully long time. We usually just grab subway and take it home. Also, it was ROB'S IDEA, which in itself is a miracle, cuz I love him lots, but he's a cheapskate.

This was a much better birthday than I anticipated, honestly. I didn't expect much. The last year was sorta bad, lots of bumps and deep potholes. I've lost some friends that were important to me, and I've had some disappointments. I've fucked up a fair bit, too. I probably didn't deserve the awesome day (dayS) that I had (will have).

Okay, Rob's gone to work (3rd shift), so I'm going to head off to Bedfordshire. I'm so tired. My eyes hurt. I stayed up last night and watched the last season of Boardwalk Empire, marathon style. Omg, I love that show. I can't wait to see the new season, I wonder if Jillian is TRUELY dead. And if Margaret goes back to Nucky. Also, I want to look like that in those dresses and hats.













No comments:

Post a Comment